Simvastatin and Social avoidant behavior - from FDA reports
Social avoidant behavior is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 164,357 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
164,357 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 208 people (0.13%) have Social avoidant behavior
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Simvastatin when people have Social avoidant behavior *:
- < 1 month: 91.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Social avoidant behavior when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 45.88 %
- male: 54.12 %
Age of people who have Social avoidant behavior when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.79 %
- 40-49: 30.17 %
- 50-59: 26.82 %
- 60+: 40.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 10 people, 4.81%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 7 people, 3.37%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 7 people, 3.37%
- Sleep Disorder: 6 people, 2.88%
- Quit Smoking: 5 people, 2.40%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 21 people, 10.10%
- Digoxin: 17 people, 8.17%
- Lasix: 16 people, 7.69%
- Furosemide: 14 people, 6.73%
- Lipitor: 14 people, 6.73%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 139 people, 66.83%
- Balance Disorder: 119 people, 57.21%
- Quality Of Life Decreased: 117 people, 56.25%
- Weakness: 115 people, 55.29%
- Psychiatric Symptom: 108 people, 51.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Social avoidant behavior while taking Simvastatin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Social avoidant behavior
- Subscribe to monitor Social avoidant behavior in Simvastatin
You are not alone:
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 171,034 users)
Social avoidant behavior
Social avoidant behavior has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 5,382 Social avoidant behavior patients).
Drugs that are associated with Social avoidant behaviorSocial avoidant behavior (571 drugs)
Could your condition cause Social avoidant behaviorSocial avoidant behavior (277 conditions)
Simvastatin side effects
- Simvastatin side effects (164,434 reports)
Browse all side effects of Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Haemodynamic Test Abnormal with Prevacid? - 2 seconds ago
- Articaine Hydrochloride With Epinephrine and Ubidecarenone drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Intervertebral Disc Degeneration with Testosterone Cypionate? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Ddd with Testosterone Cypionate? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Degenerative Disc Disease with Testosterone Cypionate? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 17 year old boy who takes Nexium 24hr, Prednisone, Amoxil - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Lysine, Prozac - an hour ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Olmesartan Medoxomil, Cetirizine Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Biotin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Prozac - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.