Valium and Hiccups - from FDA reports
Hiccups is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Levaquin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Hiccups with Valium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,254 people who have side effects when taking Valium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
30,254 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium.
Among them, 26 people (0.09%) have Hiccups
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hiccups when taking Valium *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Valium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.67 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (6 people, 23.08%)
- Nausea (5 people, 19.23%)
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (4 people, 15.38%)
- Breathing Difficulty (4 people, 15.38%)
- Adenocarcinoma Pancreas (4 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycontin (5 people, 19.23%)
- Levaquin (5 people, 19.23%)
- Zoloft (4 people, 15.38%)
- Reglan (4 people, 15.38%)
- Phenergan (4 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (9 people, 34.62%)
- Nausea (9 people, 34.62%)
- Dehydration (6 people, 23.08%)
- Tremor (5 people, 19.23%)
- Haemorrhoids (5 people, 19.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hiccups when taking Valium?
- Check symptoms - is hiccups caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHiccups and drugs with ingredients of diazepam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHiccups and Valium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 32,957 users)
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, quit smoking, pain, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 5,596 Hiccups patients).
Browse all side effects of Valiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HiccupsHiccups
Could your condition cause HiccupsHiccups
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I began taking Amerge Monday night. Tuesday night I woke up with hiccups. Since them I have had them pretty consistently. I'll have a short break and then they are back again!! It's awful. My chest and between my shoulders is so sore and they are causing me to have a headache. I'm just ...