Ciprofloxacin and Heart palpitations - from FDA reports
Heart palpitations is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Trimethoprim, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,230 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
4,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 92 people (2.17%) have Heart palpitations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Heart palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 78.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.82 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 67.03 %
- male: 32.97 %
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 1.14 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.14 %
- 20-29: 20.45 %
- 30-39: 5.68 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 17.05 %
- 60+: 29.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 12 people, 13.04%
- Bladder Pain: 11 people, 11.96%
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 7 people, 7.61%
- Epididymitis (pain in the scrotum or testicle): 6 people, 6.52%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 3.26%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Trimethoprim: 32 people, 34.78%
- Ibuprofen: 15 people, 16.30%
- Nitrofurantoin: 13 people, 14.13%
- Magnesium: 11 people, 11.96%
- Oxycontin: 11 people, 11.96%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 47 people, 51.09%
- Weakness: 42 people, 45.65%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 40 people, 43.48%
- Headache (pain in head): 35 people, 38.04%
- Pain: 35 people, 38.04%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heart palpitations while taking Ciprofloxacin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Heart palpitations
- Subscribe to monitor Heart palpitations in Ciprofloxacin
You are not alone:
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,339 users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 92,771 Heart palpitations patients).
Drugs that are associated with Heart palpitationsHeart palpitations (3,347 drugs)
Could your condition cause Heart palpitationsHeart palpitations (2,845 conditions)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,231 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Actonel and Compazine drug interaction - now
- Will you have Appetite - Increased with Zetia? - now
- Will you have Polyphagia with Zetia? - now
- Will you have Hyperphagia with Zetia? - now
- Will you have Hunger with Zetia? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Prozac - 3 minutes ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Mefenamic Acid, Omeprazole - 26 minutes ago
- Prediction of Piperine, Zoloft for a 24 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Fluvoxamine Maleate - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Celexa, Truvada - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.