Lamictal and Flatulence - from FDA reports
Flatulence is found among people who take Lamictal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Flatulence with Lamictal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,830 people who have side effects when taking Lamictal from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
51,830 people reported to have side effects when taking Lamictal.
Among them, 119 people (0.23%) have Flatulence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lamictal when people have Flatulence *:
- < 1 month: 40 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flatulence when taking Lamictal *:
- female: 74.79 %
- male: 25.21 %
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Lamictal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5.21 %
- 10-19: 10.42 %
- 20-29: 5.21 %
- 30-39: 15.62 %
- 40-49: 18.75 %
- 50-59: 28.12 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (21 people, 17.65%)
- Depression (12 people, 10.08%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (8 people, 6.72%)
- Gaucher's Disease (6 people, 5.04%)
- Convulsion (5 people, 4.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (22 people, 18.49%)
- Nexium (20 people, 16.81%)
- Xanax (18 people, 15.13%)
- Keppra (16 people, 13.45%)
- Klonopin (15 people, 12.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (38 people, 31.93%)
- Nausea (33 people, 27.73%)
- Headache (29 people, 24.37%)
- Dizziness (27 people, 22.69%)
- Fatigue (26 people, 21.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Flatulence when taking Lamictal?
- Check symptoms - is flatulence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFlatulence and drugs with ingredients of lamotrigine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlatulence and Lamictal from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 58,395 users)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 35,902 Flatulence patients).
Browse all side effects of Lamictala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FlatulenceFlatulence
Could your condition cause FlatulenceFlatulence
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Gupta MC, Khanna J, Mathur R, Mittal N, "Lamotrigine-induced fulminant hepatic failure: an unusual presentation", IMSEAR, 2015 Jan .
- Alonso-Navarro H, Montes JM, Plaza-Nieto JF, Jiménez-Jiménez FJ, "Cataplexy Possibly Associated With Lamotrigine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2016 Aug .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am on Lamictal 250mg. During my lastest increase I had severe speech issues. It's calmed down, but have trouble with mashing words together, putting words in front of each other, long pauses, stuttering, and slurring. Its still noticable and is kinda worrying me even though its much better ...
My 46 year old daughter has been taking theses meds in combination for a few months. We've had to put her in a long term facility because of the severe side effects. Will this be permanent? Her Doctors won't give us info because she is in no shape mentally to sign papers giving permission to share.
User posts to the study
Does anyone have any ideas about acne After stopping lamictal and Paxil? Been off for about three months and skin broke out all over! Using Retin A and an antibiotic for acne currently prescribed by dermatologist. Any advice welcome
I have been taking Lamictal for about 7 years. I have noticed over the last year or two that my memory has gotten worse to the point that I worry that I am having early onset of Alzheimer's. I am only 43 years old. I have been doing brain games to help with memory. My doctor always asks how ...
I've been on Lamictal for for several month just 100 MG. before bed to help out with PTSD, Bipolar, and panic disorder. It's been the best drug I've taken for these mental disorders. Dr. Colby Wang is the psychiatrist who order the drug for me. I'm on medical Marijuana, which helps me eat and ...
I have been on Lamictal for years! For the past six months I’ve been having chest pain and pressure. I am in constant pain now. I’ve been to the E.R. Four times and the cardiologist and they all say anxiety. Could this be a side effect after so many years?!