Nexium and Acute kidney failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acute kidney failure is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nexium and have Acute kidney failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 231,329 people who have side effects when taking Nexium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
231,329 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium.
Among them, 23,370 people (10.1%) have Acute kidney failure.
What is Nexium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 236,024 Nexium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acute kidney failure?
Acute kidney failure is found to be associated with 3,919 drugs and 3,892 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nexium and Acute kidney failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium when people have Acute kidney failure *:
Gender of people who have Acute kidney failure when taking Nexium*:
Age of people who have Acute kidney failure when taking Nexium *:
Common drugs people take besides Nexium *:
Common side effects people have besides Acute kidney failure *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium and have Acute kidney failure?Check whether Acute kidney failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Acute kidney failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nexium:
- Nexium (236,024 reports)
Common Nexium side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 60,817 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 23,403 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11,870 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 11,578 reports
- Pain: 11,140 reports
- Diarrhea: 9,841 reports
Browse all side effects of Nexium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Acute kidney failure treatments and more:
- Acute kidney failure (171,980 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acute kidney failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acute kidney failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Nexium: 23,370 reports
- Prevacid: 18,787 reports
- Prilosec: 18,541 reports
- Protonix: 15,396 reports
- Truvada: 13,127 reports
- Aspirin: 12,590 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 11,242 reports
- Viread: 10,572 reports
- Prilosec otc: 10,502 reports
- Omeprazole: 10,374 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure (3,919 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Hiv infection: 16,577 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 14,640 reports
- High blood pressure: 12,916 reports
- Pain: 8,844 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 7,048 reports
- Diabetes: 6,402 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure (3,892 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Nexium) and Nexium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levemir and Osteoporotic Fracture - 4 seconds ago
- Rocklatan and Diamox drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Gastric Infection - 27 seconds ago
- Sitagliptin and Blood Creatinine Increased - 28 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride vs. Luvox Cr - 37 seconds ago
- Blincyto and Keppra drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Invokana and Osteoporosis - 41 seconds ago
- Midazolam Hydrochloride and Aminocaproic drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Clobex and Omeprazole drug interaction - a minute ago
- Quinine Sulfate and Skin Blushing/Flushing - a minute ago