Niacin and Dermatitis - atopic - from FDA reports
Dermatitis - atopic is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Dermatitis - atopic with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 14 people (0.21%) have Dermatitis - atopic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Dermatitis - atopic *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dermatitis - atopic when taking Niacin *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Dermatitis - atopic when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 40 %
- 60+: 30 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Back Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 28.57%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 3 people, 21.43%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 21.43%
- Weight Loss: 2 people, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 8 people, 57.14%
- Altace: 6 people, 42.86%
- Zaroxolyn: 6 people, 42.86%
- Risperdal: 5 people, 35.71%
- Zocor: 4 people, 28.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 71.43%
- Pain: 8 people, 57.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 7 people, 50.00%
- Constipation: 7 people, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 7 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dermatitis - atopic
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Dermatitis - atopic in Niacin
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Niacin and Dermatitis - atopic
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,450 users)
Dermatitis - atopic
Dermatitis - atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, eczema (latest reports from 14,726 Dermatitis - atopic patients).
Drugs that are associated with Dermatitis - atopicDermatitis - atopic (843 drugs)
Could your condition cause Dermatitis - atopicDermatitis - atopic (1,433 conditions)
Niacin side effects
- Niacin side effects (6,579 reports)
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Niacin and have Dermatitis - Atopic
- Support group for people who have Dermatitis - Atopic
- Support group for people who take Niacin
You may be interested in these posts
- Hey group.. I'm Tiffany. I recently took a urinalysis and tested positive for some type of amphetamine. I don't take anything but ppre workout about 3xs a week. Is it possible that an ingredient in the pre workout could have showed up in my test. HeLP
- My name is Evy and I am very suspicious that I have come down with bad eczema & my Dr. will not listen..I think it is because I have been on Amlodipine & Atenolol for 30 years! A total physical exam revealed nothing wrong, except Eczema!
- Hello, My name is kendal. I have been suffering from atopical dermatitis and Mctd for years. I first was diagnosed with Atopical dermatitis about 7 yrs ago when I had spots of rashes that wouldn't go away. They treated me with UVB light treatments and allergy shots 3xs a day for 1 yr. After...
- I've been struggling with eczema for five years now following cancer treatment. I have tons of allergies and despite a very strict diet my eczema is out of control. When I get busy I tend to forget my medicine. Few weeks ago I started thinking my lisnopri might have something to do with it...
- Help with deciding Wellbutrin for anxiety symptoms that trigger eczema.
- Will you have Sudden Death with Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis?
- Will you have Death Sudden with Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis?
- What to expect when you take Propoxyphene Hydrochloride and Vioxx
- Will you have Death with Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis?
- Will you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica with Coq10?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis and Sudden Death?
- Support group for people who have Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis and Death Sudden?
- Support group for people who have Sclerosing Encapsulating Peritonitis and Death?
- Support group for people who take Coq10 and have Polymyalgia Rheumatica?
- Support group for people who take Metformin Hydrochloride and have Hyperkalemia?
- I was on Lexapro for 4 or 5 years, first for depression, then at around 30 mg./day for OCD. It did...
- I have been taking Stelara 90 mcg for the last year. My latest blood test indicated stage 3...
- John.been taking lex for OCD.only minimal relief.want to hear from others out there.I HAVE TAKEN...
- Hello... Im wita. Im on my way struggling with my vaginal infection. I need encouragement to...
- Anyone out there suffer from same? And are there any suggestions that might help? (seems caffeine...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.