Niacin and Dermatitis - atopic - from FDA reports
Dermatitis - atopic is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,582 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
6,582 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 14 people (0.21%) have Dermatitis - atopic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Dermatitis - atopic *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
Gender of people who have Dermatitis - atopic when taking Niacin *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Dermatitis - atopic when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Back Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 28.57%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 3 people, 21.43%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 21.43%
- Weight Loss: 2 people, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 8 people, 57.14%
- Altace: 6 people, 42.86%
- Zaroxolyn: 6 people, 42.86%
- Risperdal: 5 people, 35.71%
- Zocor: 4 people, 28.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 71.43%
- Pain: 8 people, 57.14%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 7 people, 50.00%
- Constipation: 7 people, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 7 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dermatitis - atopic while taking Niacin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dermatitis - atopic
- Subscribe to monitor Dermatitis - atopic in Niacin
You are not alone:
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,453 users)
Dermatitis - atopic
Dermatitis - atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 18,131 Dermatitis - atopic patients).
Drugs that are associated with Dermatitis - atopicDermatitis - atopic (1,784 drugs)
Could your condition cause Dermatitis - atopicDermatitis - atopic (1,448 conditions)
Niacin side effects
- Niacin side effects (6,582 reports)
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Angular Cheilitis with Hashimoto'S Disease? - a second ago
- Will you have Abnormal Posturing with Protonix? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Test Positive with Kls? - 4 seconds ago
- Kefzol and N-3 Fatty Acid drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Carotid Artery Dissection with Multiple Sclerosis? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Telmisartan, Prilosec, Synthroid, Calcium, Mobic, Neurontin - 9 minutes ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Plaquenil - an hour ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Metronidazole, Amoxicillin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Cannabis, Cyanocobalaminum, Implanon - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.