Nicotrol and Memory loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,030 people who have side effects when taking Nicotrol. Memory loss is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Chantix and have Quit smoking.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nicotrol and have Memory loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,030 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotrol.
Among them, 41 people (1.02%) have Memory loss.
What is Nicotrol?
Nicotrol has active ingredients of nicotine. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,037 Nicotrol users.
What is Memory loss?
Memory loss is found to be associated with 4,211 drugs and 4,279 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 231,910 people who have Memory loss.
Number of Nicotrol and Memory loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Nicotrol when people have Memory loss *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 16.67 %
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Nicotrol *:
- female: 65 %
- male: 35 %
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Nicotrol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 23.33 %
- 40-49: 6.67 %
- 50-59: 43.33 %
- 60+: 26.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Nicotrol *:
- Chantix: 6 people, 14.63%
- Wellbutrin: 4 people, 9.76%
- Morphine: 4 people, 9.76%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 7.32%
- Lyrica: 3 people, 7.32%
- Lasix: 2 people, 4.88%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 4.88%
- Clopidogrel: 2 people, 4.88%
- Cephalexin: 2 people, 4.88%
- Bystolic: 2 people, 4.88%
Common side effects people have besides Memory loss *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 24.39%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 8 people, 19.51%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 12.20%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 5 people, 12.20%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 5 people, 12.20%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 5 people, 12.20%
- Depression: 5 people, 12.20%
- Road Traffic Accident: 5 people, 12.20%
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams): 4 people, 9.76%
- Emotional Disorder: 4 people, 9.76%
Common conditions people have *:
- Quit Smoking: 23 people, 56.10%
- Depression: 4 people, 9.76%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 4.88%
- Nicotine Dependence: 2 people, 4.88%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 4.88%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 4.88%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 4.88%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 2.44%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 2.44%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 2.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nicotrol and have Memory loss?Check whether Memory loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Nicotrol side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Nicotrol side effects (4,037 reports)
Memory loss treatments and more:
- Memory loss (231,910 reports)
Common drugs associated with Memory loss:
- Tysabri: 11,095 reports
- Avonex: 9,871 reports
- Aspirin: 9,097 reports
- Lyrica: 8,682 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,285 reports
- Tecfidera: 7,103 reports
- Omeprazole: 6,243 reports
- Metformin: 5,864 reports
- Prednisone: 5,813 reports
- Vitamin d: 5,675 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Memory loss:
- Memory loss (4,211 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Memory loss:
- Multiple sclerosis: 34,966 reports
- Depression: 10,082 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 9,111 reports
- Pain: 8,919 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,679 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 6,861 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Memory loss:
- Memory loss (4,279 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nicotine (the active ingredients of Nicotrol) and Nicotrol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azor and Antivert drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Zolpidem Tartrate and Iopamidol drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Trintellix and Xyzal drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Tenormin and Cardiac Valve Disease - 38 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Nurtec Odt drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Atropine and Confusional State - 57 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Lupron drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Fluoride and Baby Aspirin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Actos and Metastatic Carcinoma Of The Bladder - a minute ago
- Benzonatate and Pulmonary Embolism - a minute ago