Paxil and Macular degeneration - from FDA reports
Macular degeneration is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Levaquin, and have Bone pain. This review analyzes which people have Macular degeneration with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 30, 2017
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 41 people (0.05%) have Macular degeneration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Paxil *:
- female: 68.29 %
- male: 31.71 %
Age of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.7 %
- 50-59: 16.22 %
- 60+: 81.08 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer (6 people, 14.63%)
- Bone Pain (6 people, 14.63%)
- Hepatitis C (4 people, 9.76%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (3 people, 7.32%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 4.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (17 people, 41.46%)
- Xanax (13 people, 31.71%)
- Zometa (11 people, 26.83%)
- Prevacid (11 people, 26.83%)
- Claritin (10 people, 24.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (14 people, 34.15%)
- Weakness (12 people, 29.27%)
- Pain In Extremity (12 people, 29.27%)
- Nausea (12 people, 29.27%)
- Cataract (12 people, 29.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Macular degeneration when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is macular degeneration caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMacular degeneration and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMacular degeneration and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,155 users)
Macular degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 14,836 Macular degeneration patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Macular degenerationMacular degeneration
Could your condition cause Macular degenerationMacular degeneration
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, my husband has a severe height issue and has severe anxiety attacks. He cannot look at heights looking up or down. He freezes up, gets dizzy, cries, shakes, gets nauseated, sweats, can't sleep, headaches and gets verbal meanly. His attacks are with every day life. It's like he over ...
User posts to the study
Hi everyone, I am joining on behalf of my Dad who has alzheimer's disease. He is 82. He has been on Carbamazepine since he was in is 60's. He had one seizure and was put on this drug. With his recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's, Paxil has been added to his drug regimen. I had no idea there ...
Soon to become age 80, female, was diagnosed with Graves Disease more than 30 years ago, developed RAI induced hypothyroidism, then was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 20 years ago; diagnosed with macular degeneration 6 years ago....... one eye dry, other eye wet, and have been receiving ...