Paxil and Macular degeneration - from FDA reports
Macular degeneration is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Levaquin, and have Breast cancer. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 81,154 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
81,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 42 people (0.05%) have Macular degeneration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Paxil *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bone Pain: 6 people, 14.29%
- Breast Cancer: 6 people, 14.29%
- Hepatitis C: 4 people, 9.52%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 7.14%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 4.76%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin: 17 people, 40.48%
- Xanax: 13 people, 30.95%
- Zometa: 11 people, 26.19%
- Prevacid: 11 people, 26.19%
- Claritin: 10 people, 23.81%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 14 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 12 people, 28.57%
- Pain In Extremity: 12 people, 28.57%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 12 people, 28.57%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Macular degeneration while taking Paxil?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Macular degeneration
- Subscribe to monitor Macular degeneration in Paxil
You are not alone:
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 84,532 users)
Macular degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 16,395 Macular degeneration patients).
Drugs that are associated with Macular degenerationMacular degeneration (1,310 drugs)
Could your condition cause Macular degenerationMacular degeneration (975 conditions)
Paxil side effects
- Paxil side effects (81,177 reports)
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Neurological Deficits - Focal with Famotidine? - a second ago
- Will you have Abdominal Thrusts with Morphine? - a second ago
- Will you have Toothaches with Losartan Potassium? - a second ago
- Will you have Toothache with Losartan Potassium? - a second ago
- Will you have Pain - Tooth Or Teeth with Losartan Potassium? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Temazepam, Gabapentin - 36 minutes ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Spironolactone - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride, Caffeine, Amlodipine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Multivitamin, Losartan Potassium, Glucotrol Xl - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Vitamin B12, Protonix, Tecfidera, Junel Fe 1/20, Vitamin D3 - an hour ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.