Ramipril and Cataract - from FDA reports
Cataract is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Cataract with Ramipril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,169 people who have side effects when taking Ramipril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 03, 2017
57,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril.
Among them, 185 people (0.32%) have Cataract
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ramipril when people have Cataract *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cataract when taking Ramipril *:
- female: 46.29 %
- male: 53.71 %
Age of people who have Cataract when taking Ramipril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.7 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.7 %
- 30-39: 2.82 %
- 40-49: 9.15 %
- 50-59: 16.2 %
- 60+: 70.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (30 people, 16.22%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (25 people, 13.51%)
- Multiple Myeloma (14 people, 7.57%)
- Glaucoma (12 people, 6.49%)
- Myasthenia Gravis (10 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (27 people, 14.59%)
- Crestor (18 people, 9.73%)
- Novorapid (17 people, 9.19%)
- Metformin (17 people, 9.19%)
- Diclofenac (16 people, 8.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Visual Acuity Reduced (33 people, 17.84%)
- Anaemia (30 people, 16.22%)
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 14.59%)
- Pain (25 people, 13.51%)
- Fatigue (25 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cataract when taking Ramipril?
- Check symptoms - is cataract caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCataract and drugs with ingredients of ramipril.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCataract and Ramipril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Ramipril 59,649 users)
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 30,328 Cataract patients).
Browse all side effects of Ramiprila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CataractCataract
Could your condition cause CataractCataract
What would happen?
Questions to the study
After chemotherapy 10 years ago, following possible colon cancer and surgery, episodes of atrial fibrillation occurred. Eventually PRADAXA was prescribed four years ago, and no more episodes have occured for over two years. However, I have had increasingly frequent ( knees and ankles) " sprains" ...
I was taking Salmeterol Xinafoate for a couple of months...I had some type of overdose reaction (perhaps increased serum levels) and since then my body has gone through some awful things. During and after, I've developed widespread myofascial pain, headaches, abdominal pains, cataracts and an ...
I am in pain everyday! My life sucks! I just want to know how to get some relief! Most days I don't want to get out of bed! My feet and legs hurt the most on me but lately my hands are starting to hurt! On my right foot I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, I have bunions(big) on both feet, ...
User reviews to the study
ive been taking ramipril with amlodipine for about 4 months and i have swollen gums and a loose tooth i didnt have these symptoms when i was just on amlodipine is this normal or should i stop taking the ramipril