Will you have Pancreatitis with Truvada - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Norvir, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,630 people who have side effects when taking Truvada from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (the active ingredients of Truvada) and Truvada (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Pancreatitis are also considered in the study.
What is Truvada?
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Truvada 21,173 users)
What is Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 43,747 Pancreatitis patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
20,630 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada.
Among them, 147 people (0.71%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Truvada when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 35.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.68 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.68 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.58 %
- 5 - 10 years: 22.58 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.97 %
- 30-39: 27.18 %
- 40-49: 38.83 %
- 50-59: 17.48 %
- 60+: 15.53 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 14 people, 9.52%
- Depression: 13 people, 8.84%
- Cough: 12 people, 8.16%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 10 people, 6.80%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 6.80%
- Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (fungal infection of the lungs): 9 people, 6.12%
- Oral Candidiasis (fungal infection of mouth): 9 people, 6.12%
- Diabetes: 7 people, 4.76%
- Fever: 5 people, 3.40%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 3.40%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Norvir: 33 people, 22.45%
- Isentress: 25 people, 17.01%
- Azithromycin: 23 people, 15.65%
- Zidovudine: 22 people, 14.97%
- Prezista: 22 people, 14.97%
- Reyataz: 21 people, 14.29%
- Ritonavir: 21 people, 14.29%
- Bactrim Ds: 19 people, 12.93%
- Zofran: 19 people, 12.93%
- Bactrim: 19 people, 12.93%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 35 people, 23.81%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 34 people, 23.13%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 24 people, 16.33%
- Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage): 23 people, 15.65%
- Fever: 22 people, 14.97%
- Weakness: 21 people, 14.29%
- Interstitial Nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 19 people, 12.93%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 19 people, 12.93%
- Pneumonia: 18 people, 12.24%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 16 people, 10.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Truvada?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pancreatitis
- Subscribe to monitor Pancreatitis in Truvada
- Subscribe to monitor Truvada
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Truvada and have Pancreatitis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis (2,287 drugs)
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis (1,789 conditions)
Truvada side effects
- Truvada side effects (20,641 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Truvadaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Truvada with similar drugs
- Truvada vs. Abacavir
- Truvada vs. Abacavir sulfate; lamivudine
- Truvada vs. Atazanavir sulfate
- Truvada vs. Atripla
- Truvada vs. Bactrim
- Truvada vs. Bactrim ds
- Truvada vs. Combivir
- Truvada vs. Complera
- Truvada vs. Didanosine
- Truvada vs. Efavirenz
- Truvada vs. Epivir
- Truvada vs. Epzicom
- Truvada vs. Genvoya
- Truvada vs. Intelence
- Truvada vs. Isentress
- Truvada vs. Kaletra
- Truvada vs. Lamivudine
- Truvada vs. Lexiva
- Truvada vs. Lopinavir; ritonavir
- Truvada vs. Nevirapine
- Truvada vs. Norvir
- Truvada vs. Prezista
- Truvada vs. Reyataz
- Truvada vs. Selzentry
- Truvada vs. Stribild
- Truvada vs. Sustiva
- Truvada vs. Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Truvada vs. Tivicay
- Truvada vs. Triumeq
- Truvada vs. Trizivir
- Truvada vs. Viracept
- Truvada vs. Viramune
- Truvada vs. Viramune xr
- Truvada vs. Viread
- Truvada vs. Ziagen
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Autophony with Hemp Seed Oil? - now
- Will you have Taste Loss with Niaspan? - now
- Will you have Reflux Esophagitis with Buspar? - a second ago
- Will you have Reflux with Buspar? - a second ago
- Will you have Pyrosis with Buspar? - a second ago
- Will you have Peptic Esophagitis with Buspar? - a second ago
- Will you have Non-Cardiac Chest Pain with Buspar? - a second ago
- Will you have Heartburn - Chronic with Buspar? - a second ago
- Tomato and Ultacan Forte drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Heartburn with Buspar? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Singulair, Flovent - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Vyvanse, Lamictal for a 19 year old girl - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Vitamin D3, Premarin, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Clonazepam, Advil, Prilosec, Synthroid, Zantac 150, Forteo, Carvedilol - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Clonazepam, Innopran Xl, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Atarax - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Calcium, Forteo - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Atenolol, Valacyclovir, Zoloft, Meloxicam, Omeprazole, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Abilify - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Unisom - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Viagra, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Zopiclone, Xanax - 14 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.