Truvada and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Norvir, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Pancreatitis with Truvada. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,939 people who have side effects when taking Truvada from FDA, and is updated regularly.
17,939 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada.
Among them, 142 people (0.79%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Truvada when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 37.93 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.34 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.34 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 24.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.24 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
- female: 40.74 %
- male: 59.26 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.01 %
- 30-39: 27.27 %
- 40-49: 37.37 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 16.16 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cough: 12 people, 8.45%
- Preventive Health Care: 12 people, 8.45%
- Depression: 11 people, 7.75%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 7.04%
- Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (fungal infection of the lungs): 9 people, 6.34%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Norvir: 33 people, 23.24%
- Azithromycin: 23 people, 16.20%
- Isentress: 23 people, 16.20%
- Prezista: 22 people, 15.49%
- Zidovudine: 22 people, 15.49%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 34 people, 23.94%
- Diarrhea: 32 people, 22.54%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 24 people, 16.90%
- Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage): 22 people, 15.49%
- Weakness: 20 people, 14.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Pancreatitis in Truvada
- Subscribe to monitor Truvada
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pancreatitis
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Truvada 18,482 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 38,722 Pancreatitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis (2,242 drugs)
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis (1,786 conditions)
Truvada side effects
- Truvada side effects (17,950 reports)
Browse all side effects of Truvadaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Truvada and have Pancreatitis
- Support group for people who have Pancreatitis
- Support group for people who take Truvada
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi my name is Houda. My daughter might have Endometriosis which is causing her to have pancreatitis attacts. What test is recommened to confirm thid? Thanks.
- Hi I’ve had full body RSD with organinvolvement for 27 years. I have recently been diagnosed with pancreatitis.
- Hi there. I was on arava for 3 weeks along with a medrol pak when diagnosed with pancreatitis.
- There is a class action lawsuit against Truvada and urinary tract diseases. I have an excellent lawyer.
- HAVE PANCREATITIS AND DIABETES IS THERE ANY WAY TO HAVE A CURE FOR AN ATROFIC PANCREAS
- Will you have Neutrophil Count Increased with Cymbalta?
- Simponi Aria and Insulin drug interaction
- Will you have Renal Mass with Mobic?
- Will you have Ideational Apraxia with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome?
- Will you have Haematuria with Arginine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Cymbalta and have Neutrophil Count Increased?
- Support group for people who take Simponi Aria and Insulin
- Support group for people who take Mobic and have Renal Mass?
- Support group for people who have Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome and Ideational Apraxia?
- Support group for people who take Arginine and have Haematuria?
- Been on Eliquis for over 6 months. Almost immediately I had a sleep problem. Either waking up...
- I have RA, Sjogrin’s,Current Major Depression, and PTSD and C- PTSD. I had many adverse childhood...
- Didn't realize it would show here. Been on Eliquis for over 6 months. Almost immediately I had a...
- aloha...after less than 1 month on eliquis for PE unspecified, my right "eye" tooth has become...
- I am 64 years old and recently had blood work that showed elevated liver enzymes . My doctor is...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.