Truvada and Pancreatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Truvada and have Pancreatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 65,519 people who have side effects when taking Truvada from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
65,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada.
Among them, 175 people (0.27%) have Pancreatitis.
What is Truvada?
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 66,188 Truvada users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 2,767 drugs and 1,962 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Truvada and Pancreatitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Truvada when people have Pancreatitis *:
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada*:
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
Common drugs people take besides Truvada *:
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Truvada and have Pancreatitis?Check whether Pancreatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sirkeci, ?., Sirkeci, E. E., & Ta?el, B. , "Rivaroxaban-induced acute pancreatitis", The European Research Journal, 2018 Jan .
- Liao, K. F., Huang, P. T., Lin, C. C., Lin, C. L., & Lai, S. W., "Fluvastatin use and risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", Biomedicine, 2014 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
How severe was Pancreatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate:
- Pancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (197 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Truvada:
- Truvada (66,188 reports)
Common Truvada side effects:
- Bone density decreased: 25,680 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 15,734 reports
- Aseptic necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 13,957 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 13,127 reports
- Pain: 11,221 reports
Browse all side effects of Truvada:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatitis treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis (56,678 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis:
- Seroquel: 4,892 reports
- Metformin: 4,060 reports
- Byetta: 3,275 reports
- Januvia: 2,572 reports
- Zyprexa: 2,458 reports
- Prednisone: 2,450 reports
- Victoza: 2,301 reports
- Aspirin: 2,217 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,105 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,964 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (2,767 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis:
- Type 2 diabetes: 5,528 reports
- Diabetes: 3,048 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,706 reports
- Depression: 2,134 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,792 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (1,962 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (the active ingredients of Truvada) and Truvada (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fever and drugs of ingredients of alclometasone dipropionate - a second ago
- Lexapro and Rosacea - 3 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole Sodium and Meperidine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Seroquel drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Zolpidem Tartrate and Cardiac Valve Disease - 18 seconds ago
- Amino Acids and Hepatitis B Dna Increased - 20 seconds ago
- Pradaxa and Psychotic Behavior - 23 seconds ago
- Ventricular Asystole and drugs of ingredients of clopidogrel - 26 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Photophobia - 28 seconds ago
- Pain In Extremity and Hallucinations - 38 seconds ago