Truvada and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Norvir, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,039 people who have side effects when taking Truvada from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
20,039 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada.
Among them, 146 people (0.73%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Truvada when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 35.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.68 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.68 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.58 %
- 5 - 10 years: 22.58 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
- female: 39.57 %
- male: 60.43 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Truvada *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.98 %
- 30-39: 27.45 %
- 40-49: 38.24 %
- 50-59: 17.65 %
- 60+: 15.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 14 people, 9.59%
- Depression: 13 people, 8.90%
- Cough: 12 people, 8.22%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 10 people, 6.85%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 6.85%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Norvir: 33 people, 22.60%
- Isentress: 25 people, 17.12%
- Azithromycin: 23 people, 15.75%
- Zidovudine: 22 people, 15.07%
- Prezista: 22 people, 15.07%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 34 people, 23.29%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 34 people, 23.29%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 24 people, 16.44%
- Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage): 22 people, 15.07%
- Fever: 21 people, 14.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Truvada?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pancreatitis
- Subscribe to monitor Pancreatitis in Truvada
You are not alone:
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Truvada 20,582 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 42,740 Pancreatitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis (2,276 drugs)
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis (1,787 conditions)
Truvada side effects
- Truvada side effects (20,050 reports)
Browse all side effects of Truvadaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Walking Distance Test Abnormal with Anthriscus Cerefolium? - now
- Will you have Tingling And Numbness with Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Sensory Loss with Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Paresthesias with Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness with Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Vyvanse, Lexapro - 29 minutes ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Zocor - an hour ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Atarax - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Tylenol, B Complex Vitamin, Prilosec Otc - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Spironolactone, Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal Xr, Abilify - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.