Ultram and Glaucoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 26,445 people who have side effects when taking Ultram. Glaucoma is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Nexium and have Muscle spasms.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ultram and have Glaucoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
26,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Ultram.
Among them, 68 people (0.26%) have Glaucoma.
What is Ultram?
Ultram has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is used in pain. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 28,035 Ultram users.
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) is found to be associated with 2,356 drugs and 1,596 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 59,405 people who have Glaucoma.
Number of Ultram and Glaucoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Ultram when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Ultram *:
- female: 51.47 %
- male: 48.53 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Ultram *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.64 %
- 30-39: 14.55 %
- 40-49: 14.55 %
- 50-59: 16.36 %
- 60+: 50.91 %
Common drugs people take besides Ultram *:
- Xanax: 22 people, 32.35%
- Nexium: 22 people, 32.35%
- Zometa: 21 people, 30.88%
- Lisinopril: 21 people, 30.88%
- Miralax: 21 people, 30.88%
- Zoloft: 18 people, 26.47%
- Spironolactone: 18 people, 26.47%
- Neurontin: 18 people, 26.47%
- Coumadin: 17 people, 25.00%
- Prilosec: 17 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Glaucoma *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 31 people, 45.59%
- Fall: 25 people, 36.76%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 24 people, 35.29%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 23 people, 33.82%
- Back Pain: 23 people, 33.82%
- Weakness: 22 people, 32.35%
- Pain In Extremity: 22 people, 32.35%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 22 people, 32.35%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 22 people, 32.35%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 21 people, 30.88%
Common conditions people have *:
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 12 people, 17.65%
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 11 people, 16.18%
- Depression: 10 people, 14.71%
- Back Pain: 6 people, 8.82%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 7.35%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 5 people, 7.35%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 7.35%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 7.35%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 4 people, 5.88%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 4 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ultram and have Glaucoma?Check whether Glaucoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hu CY, Lee BJ, Cheng HF, Wang CY, "Acetazolamide-related life-threatening hypophosphatemia in a glaucoma patient", Journal of glaucoma, 2015 Apr .
- Mansour HM, "Tramadol and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy: A Case Report", Medicine Science, 2015 Jan .
Ultram side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Ultram side effects (28,035 reports)
Glaucoma treatments and more:
- Glaucoma (59,405 reports)
Common drugs associated with Glaucoma:
- Prednisone: 1,683 reports
- Humira: 1,474 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,355 reports
- Xalatan: 1,330 reports
- Enbrel: 1,183 reports
- Aspirin: 1,155 reports
- Fosamax: 832 reports
- Metformin: 759 reports
- Lipitor: 743 reports
- Orencia: 718 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Glaucoma:
- Glaucoma (2,356 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Glaucoma:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,270 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,507 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,029 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 868 reports
- Diabetes: 838 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Glaucoma:
- Glaucoma (1,596 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tramadol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ultram) and Ultram (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rose Hips and Stress And Anxiety - 40 seconds ago
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Enbrel drug interaction - a minute ago
- Xopenex and Injury - a minute ago
- Topiramate and Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased - 2 minutes ago
- Claritin and Clarithromycin drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Vitamins and Birth Control - 2 minutes ago
- Zantac and Urinary Incontinence Aggravated - 3 minutes ago
- Desonide and Ortho Evra drug interaction - 4 minutes ago
- Avelox and Osteoarthritis - 4 minutes ago
- Albuterol and Temovate drug interaction - 5 minutes ago