Who have Memory loss with Benicar - from FDA reports
Memory loss is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,069 people who have side effects when taking Benicar from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
26,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar.
Among them, 351 people (1.35%) have Memory loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benicar when people have Memory loss *:
- < 1 month: 8.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.71 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 45.71 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.29 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Benicar *:
- female: 61.96 %
- male: 38.04 %
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Benicar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.84 %
- 30-39: 3.77 %
- 40-49: 15.06 %
- 50-59: 25.94 %
- 60+: 54.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 29 people, 8.26%
- Depression: 25 people, 7.12%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 23 people, 6.55%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 22 people, 6.27%
- Diabetes: 21 people, 5.98%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 20 people, 5.70%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 19 people, 5.41%
- Stress And Anxiety: 18 people, 5.13%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 17 people, 4.84%
- Back Pain: 16 people, 4.56%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 57 people, 16.24%
- Nexium: 47 people, 13.39%
- Lipitor: 43 people, 12.25%
- Zyrtec: 42 people, 11.97%
- Zometa: 37 people, 10.54%
- Celebrex: 35 people, 9.97%
- Toprol-Xl: 34 people, 9.69%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 32 people, 9.12%
- Clonidine: 32 people, 9.12%
- Flonase: 32 people, 9.12%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 93 people, 26.50%
- Dizziness: 82 people, 23.36%
- Headache (pain in head): 79 people, 22.51%
- Stress And Anxiety: 75 people, 21.37%
- Weakness: 71 people, 20.23%
- Breathing Difficulty: 66 people, 18.80%
- Back Pain: 63 people, 17.95%
- Drowsiness: 61 people, 17.38%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 61 people, 17.38%
- Fall: 60 people, 17.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Memory loss while taking Benicar?
You are not alone:
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Benicar 27,591 users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 142,874 Memory loss patients).
Drugs that are associated with Memory lossMemory loss (3,325 drugs)
Could your condition cause Memory lossMemory loss (3,288 conditions)
Benicar side effects
- Benicar side effects (24,103 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Benicara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pain Disorder with Miltown? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have T-Cell Prolymphocytic Leukaemia with Aggrenox? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomach Flu with Dayquil? - 6 seconds ago
- Perindopril Erbumine and Bisoprolol Fumarate drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Acyclovir and Prednisone - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Haematocoele with Plan B? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Uti with Enbrel? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Concussion with Fibromyalgia? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Cystitis with Enbrel? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Bladder Infection with Enbrel? - 9 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Seroquel Xr - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Desvenlafaxine Succinate, Vesicare, Truvada, Methylprednisolone, Tramadol, Valacyclovir, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Provigil, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Unisom - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Gabapentin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Paracetamol, Cymbalta - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Levoxyl - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin, Copaxone, Zonisamide, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Baclofen, Gabapentin - 9 hours ago
- Prediction of Midol for a 22 year old woman - 11 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.